Sunday, June 7, 2009

My Oldest Friends


Not too long ago, while cleaning out my grandfather's barn, I came acrossed these two lovely ladies, which I haven't seen since I was five. My grandfather, who was a carpenter, passed away a couple of years ago and we have started to go through his barn. It is full of mainly tools and wood and half finished pieces of furniture, but amidst all of that, tucked into a corner were my favorite dollies in the world. I remember going out to the barn with him to watch him make all sorts of magnificent furniture. Apparently at one point I left the dolls there and he tucked them away. I can't describe the joy I felt when I found them. It felt a little silly, but I LOVED these dolls. They were my security blanket for so many years. I'm sad that they have an air of neglect about them. I want to know how to clean them without hurting them further. Dirt or not, I'm so pleased to have them back.

No comments: