Tuesday, May 20, 2008

tend the earth



So, I've really got a garden this year! I've been pretending for a couple of years and planting all sorts of things and watching them die, but this spring all sorts of things are blooming that I've been coaxing from the ground! And I feel more successful watching these tiny treasures of mine grow than I did when I had a fancy corporate job. I have a rosebush from my mother-in-law that their family has been cultivating for years and it has the most amazing scent. And the forget-me-nots are so tiny but have the truest blue I've ever seen. I love it! All of this is, of course, overshadowing all of my dying vegetables in the backyard that just seem to hate me. Maybe I should give up on eating vegetables altogether and just stick with chocolate.

No comments: